Women’s Hormone Health: Estrogen DominancePosted by Gina Ramirez on Jun 22, 2020 in Health Blog | 0 comments
We're continuing the hormone conversation my friends. MEN--Before you skip over this one, be sure to read below about toxins, body fat, and stress. Those apply to all of us!
Feeling like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? As the cases of COVID begin to spike (as was predicted), the civil unrest our country is facing, and your own personal life stressors it can feel overwhelming. I've been in that personal space myself the last few weeks. It's not only the outside world but the inner world that can drag our emotions (and subsequently our behaviors) down in the dumps. This means we have to be extra vigilant about our self care practices. AND about our hormone health! It's too easy to indulge in some not-so-health behaviors when we feel unmotivated and paralyzed by what's happening around us.
Did you catch the second Mini-Series on Hormone Health? Go check it out on the Wellness With Gina and Audrey FB Page HERE. Friday's Facebook live covered Estrogen Dominance. We talked about the importance of cleansing the liver. Did you grab that freebie? If not, you can find it HERE. Check out the list of estrogen dominance symptoms.
Are you suffering from the signs and symptoms of unbalanced hormones?
- Breast swelling and tenderness
- Mood swings
- “Fuzzy thinking”
- Trouble sleeping
- Water retention
- Weight gain
Could your hormone symptoms be too much estrogen? Estrogen dominance could be caused by a combination of factors. I know I've suffered from this from time to time. It takes deliberate effort on my part to keep my hormones in check. Not always an easy task given the world we live in today!
Let's take a moment to explore how estrogen dominance happens...
1. The weeks leading up to ovulation, estrogen gets ramped up to prepare for a fertilized egg giving us an increase in sexual thoughts and energy. When there is no fertilized egg, we get a period and that excess estrogen is supposed to be eliminated through our stool. Being constipated means that excess estrogen gets reabsorbed into the body causing estrogen dominance. Pay attention to your fiber intake. Aim for 30 grams a day and don't forget to drink lots of water!
2. Excess body fat can lead to excess estrogen. Fat around the middle is metabolically active. It produces hormones! That's exactly what we don't want to happen. So watch the inches around your waist--it may mean more than the number on the scale. If you're not exercising, now is a good time to start!
3. Too much stress, resulting in excess amounts of cortisol, insulin, and norepinephrine, can lead to adrenal exhaustion and can also adversely affect overall hormonal balance. Stress plays a big role in progesterone production. Progesterone keeps estrogen in check, so if you don’t have enough of it, estrogen can go haywire. That’s when you end up with weight gain, PMS, and the other symptoms of estrogen dominance. Take up meditation, prayer, or deep breathing. Get your stress under control!
4. Toxins can play the role of estrogen in our bodies. Thousands of man-made products contain xenoestrogens, which means they mimic estrogen and disrupt your hormone balance. Parabens, phthalates, glyphosate, and benzophenones are on the short list. Think of plastics, BPA lined cans, cosmetics, beauty products, laundry detergent, pesticides, and herbicides. Your detox systems — particularly your liver and kidneys — can only handle so much over the course of a day. If your body is constantly dealing with heavy metals, mold toxins, plastics, cleaning products, fragrances…all of those things and more compete with estrogen for its place in the elimination line. Cleanse your liver!
Do any of these ring true for you? Maybe a combination?
Here's what I know for sure--Hormones are chemical messengers in your body that influence every process that we go through--from eating to sleeping. So it's important that we pay attention and keep them as balanced as possible. The dis-ease that you're experiencing; while common is NOT normal. I get it friends! I've been there myself and from time to time, I go back to that place of imbalance. BUT.. I also pay attention. I'm hyper aware of the ways my body talks to me. Are you?
You'll know when something is out of alignment. You'll start to see symptoms. Don't ignore them! Don't mask them!
I have a plan that works. Get ready to feel energized and healthy. This is your time to take it all back!
Here it is…
The Women’s Hormone Workshop!
This is a ONE time ONE hour virtual workshop on an overview of your hormones. What they do in the body, causes of imbalance, and natural ways to come back to balance. This is a great place to start learning what works for your unique system.
Here’s what you are going to get:
- 6 incredible handouts -
5 herbs to naturally balance hormones
5 top foods for thyroid
Cortisol and Hormones
Hormones and Toxins
Top Foods and a Healthy Sex Drive
Top Foods to Balance Hormones
June 30, 2020 @ 6:00-7:00 pm CST
You can feel like yourself again! Join me and let’s take control of your hormonal health today!
Sending you all the love, light, and hugs.
~Wellness with Gina